Mini Interviews with our leaders.
Michele Cavalcanti, Chief Technology Officer
What are the key pillars that you bring into your daily work activities?
The 5 key pillars that I bring into my daily work are:
- Innovation: I am constantly looking for new ways to improve our product and the solutions offered to customers. I never feel 100% satisfied.
- Collaboration: I am always in contact with the different departments to ensure alignment, smooth communication, and real synergy to achieve the goals.
- Quality: I always keep the focus of the team high on the quality of what develops, pushing very much on the importance of testing and the benefits that compliance with quality standards has operationally.
- Agility: Staying mentally flexible and responsive to changing market needs is essential to ensuring the success of what we do, especially within the evolving industrial environment.
- Sustainability: I try to incorporate sustainable and environment-friendly solutions and techniques into every aspect of our work, from product development to logistics processes.
What is Technological Innovation for you? How does Digitalsoft innovate?
In my opinion, technological innovation is the key to the future of the Industry sector. A continuous process of development, research, and experimentation that aims to create solutions that improve the lives of people, companies, and society as a whole. At Digitalsoft, technological innovation means passion, creativity, flexibility, and vision. We innovate by adopting cutting-edge technologies and developing advanced software solutions that support industrial automation, data analysis, IIoT connectivity, and more. Our strategy is based on 3 key points: synergy with institutions aimed at knowledge sharing, agile approach, and investment in talent and research.
What do you think is the indispensable knowledge that a young developer should have today to approach the world of advanced manufacturing?
- Basic knowledge of the manufacturing industry: It is important to understand its operation and processes, including key concepts such as automation, process control, sensors, and IoT.
- Good programming skills: have a solid knowledge of at least 1 programming language and learn about development tools like Git and DevOps, and integration continues.
- Knowledge and interest in Data Science and ML: Understand how to use these technologies for data analysis and creating AI solutions in order to be competitive in the manufacturing sector.
- Creativity and critical thinking: that means being able to anticipate or identify problems and propose innovative and effective solutions.